Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Summary: Professionally cover and manage said territory. Individual carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include soliciting, planning, account visits/travel and soliciting the appropriate support from the company’s resources.
The Sales Representative is responsible for the efficient, safe, and profitable performance of defined territory. Sales Representative must provide effective coverage of existing accounts, cultivation of new business and professional problem resolution to meet or exceed the company’s expectations.
The roles and responsibilities of Triangle Chemical Company Sales Representative have been carefully defined. It is imperative that the duties are executed accurately and consistently.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Seller needs to have an understanding of all products that Triangle has available for sale.
- Key accounts and prospects need to be visited every 4 weeks.
- A minimum of 20 phone calls on new prospects are required per office day.
- Salesperson needs to spend a minimum of 65% of their time visiting customer and potentials.
- Sellers will have weekly review of their activities and needs with manager.
- Sellers will conduct a monthly evaluation of performance, activities and needs with manager.
- Call reports and account specific activities need to be updated in the Triangle performance management system.
- Seller needs to have a detailed understanding of where the potential growth within their territory will come from, and effectively communicate the information to their manager.
- Deliver margin increase year over year, as agreed upon with manager.
- Deliver volume increase year over year, as agreed upon with manager.
- Deliver new business year over year, as agreed upon with manager.
- Regularly review sales run and work with customer service to ensure accurate and timely service.
- Seller needs to communicate and document issues
- Seller is expected to present opportunities completely, to include; price, product parameters, competitive landscape, incumbent supplier, grade numbers, application, packaging and volume.
- Seller is expected to report all outcomes of negotiations (won or lost) to sales and business managers.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-3 years of sales Experience; industry preferred but not essential.
- College degree
- Overnight travel
- Computer proficient